Wednesday, March 14, 2012

March 21, World Down Syndrome Day

As we approach World Down Syndrome Day (March 21), a day for celebrating the lives of people with Down Syndrome, I thought I would answer this question for myself today.  What would I tell myself the day that Jack was born now that I know what I know now?

I think I would say:  Don't be afraid.  He is wonderful, funny, loving and amazing.  You will not regret having this child.  He will win your heart.  Don't listen to the "nay-sayers" that tell you what he will never do and trust that God has a bigger plan.  Jack continues to amaze us with what he can do.  He humbles us with his capacity to love and live life to the fullest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Jenn,
We're planning to celebrate World Down syndrome day too :) Hopefully by then we'll all own a hand made Happy World Down Syndrome Day t-shirt and JAM and I are working on a presentation for her classmates. She wants to give them all a balloon and a freezie but we'll see about that :)
Patti

Jenn said...

That's great! Would love to hear about it. Let me know how it went!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...